Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hooray for Mudslides!

There was a mudslide on Hwy 6 last week, which is scary and awful, and exasperating because they had to shut down the highway. But....since my mom was up north running errands she had to stay over night HOORAY!!


We took her to the Farmer's Market Thursday night but she had to leave too early to attend Summerfest with us the next day.

Eating snowcones while watching dancers and musicians from Costa Rica, Russia, Korea and....Colorado(?) is a great way to spend a summer day.

$3 buys a bunch of fun in the kids section



The art and photography were wonderful. We especially liked watching the young artist who was doing quick chalk portraits. I don't know much about art but I loved how she used vibrant colors. I didn't stop to notice how melancholy all her subjects were until ours was finished.

I am not sure where to hang a depressive picture of the kids. Miriam loves it and would like it in their room but I am nut sure such a somber picture would work in there.

If nothing else it was a fun experience. Miriam watched the entire process with such intensity I can understand why she looks so serious. Bub just looks upset. It was an enjoyable day, and I think I learned my lesson about art....I don't know/appreciate it enough to vary from the true to likeness forms. I should have known this since I am always drawn more to Vermeer type art than Picasso and don't know enough to do anything other than follow my instincts.