Saturday, March 06, 2010

Stage Mom


I volunteered to be a back stage helper for M's third performance.
I was nervous. I haven't helped out before, and didn't know the protocol.
I didn't need to worry, the girls have it all under control. They take great pleasure in herding each other about.

(playing with my ipod)

I basically just "shushed" a lot (little girls are extremely screechy and giggly) and tied bear head bows a couple of times.

(waiting to go on stage for the water scene)


This was a special performance because Sarah, Madison and Mark came to watch.
It made Miriam's day...especially when no one mentioned that she forgot to exit the stage after one of the dances and had to run off alone. She cried about it after they left, but took comfort in the fact that no one mentioned it. She can be so hard on herself!
Julia and Jared came last week as well, but there are unfortunately, no pictures. Thanks for coming all the way up you guys. It means a lot.

Little B and big D had a manly day. A trip to Home Depot, and then some tub re-caulking. It's drying as I type and looks fantastic.

Darin and I ended the evening with a few classic scenes from the movie "Killer Klowns from Outer Space". He had stumbled upon this masterpiece last week while watching TV, and was thrilled it was on the Netflix view instantly menu so he could share it with me.

notable line: "what are you planning on doing with those pies boys?"
(Spoiler alert: they were body dissolving pies!)