Remember way back 3 months ago when I felt like Soren's unabashed growth had to slow down?
I was right.
He was 13 lbs at 2 months (95%) he is 16 lbs at 5 1/2 months (60%).
But we still get the "HE IS HUGE" comments...I think because his head is in the 90%.
He is the cut as a bug. He rolls both ways. Still smiles easily. He is eating organic peaches from my in-laws tree, and local butternut squash from Bangerter Farms across the street. He also chews on local apples. I made a bit babyfood for the other two kiddos, but I am actually enjoying it rather than dreading it this time around.
I may be turning into a 40's housewife after all these years!
My Mom surprised us with a visit just when I needed her (again). I signed up to help with M's Halloween party (don't ask me why) so she took Soren shopping while I played with 6 year olds.
Tonight Darin had Scouts and Miriam (after 2 Halloween parties) went to a carnival (THANKS FI and IVY!). So it was just me and the boys. The night had started off BAD. Darin came home to both of them screaming their heads off. Soren because it was the witching hour and Bub because one of those crack open glow sticks broke and sent that chemical reaction stuff all over his face and into his eye. Poison control said this situation was the call of the day. You are suppose to run a constant stream of warm water through their eye for 15 min. Hence the screaming. I am not sure if it's the stream of water that helps or the torture creating tears that works?
Then Darin left and it was me and the boys.
We had an hour and a half to get ready for bed. I took my time, put essential oils on their feet and chests. Maybe it doesn't work but it smells nice and makes Soren giggle. I read many many books and did every action rhyme I know. While doing "Where is Thump kin" Bub's Pointer Man kept attacking me so my fingers would run away screaming. I let Bub stay up later if he promised not to squirm while I trimmed his fingernails. We ended up watching Kideos until M came home (THANKS AGAIN FI and IVY). I put them both quietly to bed so we didn't wake Soren.
I had the tuna salad scared out of me by Darin, who was downstairs for I don't know how long, sitting in the dark....avoiding helping with the kids.
He had just spent an hour and a half with Cub Scouts so I don't mind.