Wednesday, December 22, 2010

11th

The amazing anniversary celebration that wasn't.

Darin and I had such great plans for our 11th anniversary. We were going to snowshoe in the middle of the night to watch a total lunar eclipse. Together, in the dead of night, surrounded by silence and each other. So romantic, and so perfect for us since a lot of our courtship has been spent gazing at the heavens.
Meteor showers {shooting starts} are the best in late summer, and we lived in an area away from city lights so the impact is very intense. We would lay outside watching, laughing, and talking for hours. We did it before I left for college, and then again when we were engaged. Darin proposed to me while looking at a full moon. We got up very early to watch the Leonids as newlyweds.

All memories I cherish. How perfect to add another one.

Alas, 6 + inches of snow made it difficult to get anywhere we could watch, with no visibility even if we could get out of the city.
Drats. Double Drats.

I did surprise Darin with cinnamon rolls and a love note {we served cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate at our reception}. Darin gave me an amazing gift {another post at another time}. We also spent some quality time talking about us. Our future, our family, where we are headed and what we want to accomplish. We haven't figured it all out yet, and I wouldn't call it a "cherished memory" but refreshing to be reminded of why we got married in the first place...and to remember that we made a good decision.

There are plans to do some snowshoeing over New Years and we will try out some new restaurant we have been meaning to visit.
All along the way there will be memories made.