Our first stop was St. George, my old college stomping grounds.
I had to go see Tuachan's performance of The Little Mermaid.
This story and I go waaay back. My Dad read me Hans Christian Anderson's original version when I was a wee lass. I adored it, sea foam ending and all. When I was a bit older we would rent a VHS machine and videos from Bill's Home Furnishings where they had an anime Little Mermaid (which you can watch piece by piece on Youtube). I would beg my parents to rent it every time we went and I cried at the ending each time they did. I specifically remember having an ear infection and my Dad bringing it home after work. The infected ear was worth it!
The Disney version came out in 1989, back when you had to wait for-ev-er for the video to come out. I think I saw it 4 times in the theater. LOVED IT my sisters and I had all the words memorized.
See? I HAD to go see this performance....and I was blown away by it.
It was magical.
Doug Wright, the author of the play, was there along with a bunch of Disney Execs so word must have spread fast about how great this performance is. I have heard that Tuachan is the first theater to have been given permission to put on the musical outside of Broadway. Its easy to see why since they do water scenes so well.
The play ended later than Bub's tolerance for pictures so he is not in any photos with the characters. He sat in awe and giggled through the entire film until the end fight with Ursula and then he wished (out loud) they would quit singing and be quiet so he could fall asleep.
Miriam is not going to like me documenting this but she was so overwhelmed she cried!
I should admit here that I did too.

Lawrence Cummings as Sebastian sooooo wonderful.

Michelle Pruiett as Ursula - my personal fav. She was fabulous!
The girl in white is Miriam's friend from Switzerland. She came up to Miriam before the play started and said "I like your face". They instantly became musical friends, talking during intermission, and after the show, although Miriam can't even remember what her name is!
Thanks for meeting us at the show C L & E, I am so happy to have witnesses to the shows awesomeness as well as it's bobbles. (trident troubles)