One of the first things on my "to do" list Saturday morning was to arrange the flowers Darin gives me every year on Miriam's birthday. I usually just let him surprise me, but knowing I wanted an arrangement for the baptism I requested rainbow colored flowers from Costco. I was feeling a bit stressed that morning, but this job completely calmed me down (Darin taking over getting the boys ready helped too). Things were going along so smoothly, Miriam was in the dress my Mom had made, and I was just about to do something really special with her hair.
Then.....
We hear Miriam scream.
She runs in with blood all over the front of her dress, more of it coming out of her nose.
Miriam and I panicked but Darin kept his cool. He whisked the dress off her to clean it, I worked to stop the bleeding.
It came down to the wire but I did get the cute hairdo done and we made it on time.
As Caroline Ingalls says "All's well that ends well"
It was a lovely day.
So many friends and family came to be with us. Including a special visit from Uncle Craig. You just never know where he will show up!

Watching Darin baptise and confirm Miriam will be a treasured memory.
I love that man.
I love that girl.
I love my family.
I love Darin's family (which is also my family).
I love our sweet friends.
That all equals a very full heart!

Some little touches that made Miriam's Baptism so Special....
* Miriam wore the baptism dress my Mom made when Madison was baptized.
*I gave Miriam the earrings my parents gave me to be baptized in. tiny gold hearts with a pearl in the middle. I was baptized in them, went through the temple in them, and was married in them. We gave Miriam a golden locket (she adores lockets) with a pearl charm to match them. We will put pictures from her baptism in it.
*Uncle Craig's surprise visit!
*My Uncle Damon was in the Priesthood circle to confirm Miriam. He baptized me when I was 8. The whole circle was special, my two brothers, both Grandpa's, three Uncles (besides my brothers), and some great friends. Talk about a circle of power and love! I loved Darin and M's hug afterward.
*The music. My sister Sarah played, and as always it was beautiful. Our family has been so blessed by her talent. My Mom led the music, and when the kids sang "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" she held up her Primary Chorister posters of the song so they could sing all the verses.
*My friend Diedre helped me decorate water bottles with the rainbow theme we had going on. We were playing off the line from a baptism song "I often look for rainbows whenever there is rain...". We tied little bags of rainbow candy to the water.
*Our friends, we have been blessed with such great friends.
*Mark's talk on baptism. He spoke of the promise Miriam was making to "bear one another's burdens, that they may be light...mourn with those that mourn...comfort those that stand in need of comfort" (Mosiah 18:8-10). He read the primary song "I'll Walk With You" which is such a touching song.
*Cristin's sweet talk on receiving the Holy Ghost. She was very emotional which just made it more sweet. She made her talk so personal, bringing in Miriam's middle name Love.
*The book of remembrance that all the guests wrote in while Miriam was getting dressed.
*Miriam's gratitude. She cried that night, a bit overwhelmed I think with the gifts and the kindness everyone had shown her. She thanked Darin and I many times.
Such a sweet girl!
I told her this is it....8 is as far as I will go, no more growing up.