Thursday:
We were up bright and early to catch the subway to Battery Park.
Such a cheese ball picture of me, but our first NY subway experience must be documented. We met THE NICEST people in New York and many times it was people on the subway.
All the ladies (including Lady Liberty), this picture was taken by our tour guide.
While in line for the boat over we met another mother/daughter New York group from Kentucky ..believe it or not they were even bigger than our group. We ran into them later on 5th avenue and I said "Hey Kentucky" and they yelled back "UTAH!" It was cute. Also, notice how many blondes there are in our group. More than one person commented on the "blond ambition tour" or the "Swedes".
Not pictured is Ellis Island. I was too busy at the museum to take many pictures.
Looooved it. So touched by the immigrants stories.
Girls back row: Rachel, Bella, Annie, Maddie (can't really see), Abby, Candice, Sophia
Middle row: Miriam, Anna,
Kneeling: Berkley
Mom's: Me, Tami, Cristina, Rachel, Mindy, Michelle, and Cristin
911 Memorial
Survivor Tree
St. Paul's Chapel
This is where I really felt the tragedy of 911. It was such a reverent, sweet little church, I couldn't help but cry. You weren't suppose to take photos in the church but I snapped a quick one of these papers folded into chains. Each one had a note of sympathy and love from around the world.
We had walked from Battery Park to the 911 Memorial and then to the Brooklyn Bridge, so we were in bad need of sustenance. Luckily we found the yummiest waffle cart...nutella, speculoos, gingerbread ice cream...the stuff dreams are made of.
I thought walking the bridge was thrilling.
Sun was setting, it was windy, cars were zooming below....
I loved it!
Sun was setting, it was windy, cars were zooming below....
I loved it!
Cute lovers tradition. You write your name on a lock, lock it to the bridge and toss the key into the river. If I ever go back with Darin, this will be on my to do list.
I could have called it a day, but Cristina and Abby talked us into sightseeing and shopping around Times Square. We saw everything, including 2 naked cowboys.
Miriam had her first taste of sushi.
She dove right in with the raw salmon.
That's my girl!









