Miriam was in a presentation of "On the Radio", a history lesson/song and dance presentation for elementary kids. The kids learned popular songs from through history. The above picture (which is awful but the best one I took) is Miriam and some other girls singing "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy". These kids learned about 5 song and dance numbers each, with the opportunity to try out for smaller numbers like Boogie Woogie. I volunteered to help with this project (inadvertently) so I choreographed a dance to "Hey Soul Sister" performed by all the girls grades 3-6 in the Spectrum program. That took me waaaay out of my comfort zone but in the end was very fun! Mrs. Parrish, M's teacher helped to make the number special with a video presentation and a live ukulele player. Made me think very differently about that instrument.
Miriam and some 3rd grade friends from the show.
(Maura, M, Ashlie, Madison, Mary and Cecy)
Miriam got her doctorate degree!