Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Peter Pan OVERLOAD!

"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!"


"All the world is made of faith, and trust and pixie dust"




"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it"


"I suppose it's like the ticking crocodile, isn't it? Time is chasing after all of us"


"Oh the cleverness of me!"



"I taught you to fight and to fly. What more could there be?"


"Build a house?" exclaimed John
"For the Wendy" said Curly
"For Wendy?" John said aghast. "Why she is only a girl!"
"That" explained Curly, "is why we are her servants."


"Never is an awfully long time"



"....children know such a lot now, they soon don't believe in fairies, and every time a child says, 'I don't believe in fairies', there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead."


"Pan, who and what are thou?" he cried huskily
"I am youth, I am joy," Peter answered at a venture, "I am a little bird that has broken out of the egg."



"Tink was not all bad: or, rather she was all bad just now, but, on the other hand, sometimes she was all good. Fairies have to be one thing or the other, because being so small they unfortunately have room for one feeling only at a time. They are, however, allowed to change, only it must be a complete change."

J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
(but not necessarily in the Peter Pan jr. script)