Sunday, August 16, 2015

Slow It Down Days....

Most of our summer was a blur of me sticking to my guns with the summer chore chart and then driving to and from lessons and camps. But we did get a few of those lazy hazy dayz of summer...not near enough....and I usually didn't take pictures when they occurred but here are a few documented events.

Sunday evenings when we played in the yard....sometimes with critters.





We took 2 Sunday hikes with the kids....one trespassing hike to a waterfall (I swear we didn't know at the time-like 5 people told me I MUST take my family on this hike), and a "trail of tears" hike from our house to Freedom Hills park.  5 miles was perhaps too much for Soren, but he did it!
Not near enough family bike riding this summer...

Miriam sitting in the sun for hours to earn $ for a girls St. George trip she was invited to.


One trip to Cherry Hill with friends.



Tour of Utah with the boys. We almost didn't make it home from Lego Camp the day the tour came through.  They had already blocked the exit but I promised I would drive straight home if they let me out.  The boys and I made popcorn and walked down to main street; we memorized the Boy Scout Bobcat stuff while we waited.
Mark was visiting this week. We always love to have him around.




Hill Air Force Base with Friends.
(Soren and Greta "looking tough")


One more week till school starts, the calendar looks clear, hoping we can get as many of those lazy summer dayz in as possible!