Sunday, December 27, 2015

Ice Skating

So glad we got the ice skating with Ris's kids in this year!  Since it's happened twice I guess we will go ahead and call it a tradition.  These kids have been friends since birth even though they only get together about twice a year.  We got together a lot more with M & L but that was back when we were new moms who would drive any distance to get out of the house with someone who wouldn't judge our new mom inadequacies. 

Now days Ris and I leave our houses more than we would like, and traveling to play with friends doesn't happen very often.  So the boys haven't played as much but, it doesn't seem to matter.  It's almost like a cousin/friend relationship.  Kind of special when we get together.


Charlie is one tough cookie...totally banged his cheek on the ice but didn't skip a beat!


Just keeping these two on their skates kept Ris and I on our toes.


Our tweens....getting too grown up!


We came back to our house for hot chocolate, a gift exchange, and yummy pastries Ris brought with her.  So grateful for good, kind, friends.