Monday, March 07, 2016

Just Stuff Going On...

Literacy Night.
The last ballroom dance performance, and we finally got a picture of Miriam and Caden together...the award winning swing dancers. The Seuss themed night was great! Every room had something fun and Seuss related with a prize pencil and eraser given at the end.  Byron and Soren worked the rooms during the ballroom performance...apparently they have had their fill of dancing.



Miriam's displayed artwork for the evening.



I scraped hot glue off of the elementary stage on Saturday morning...as the Seuss backdrop finally came down. While I was gone Darin got started on the trees on the north side of the house.  The light- hiding, roof-banging, non-shade providing, spider-housing trees that we have never liked.  I joined him when I got home so we enjoyed some lumber jack fun together. 
Views from the roof.



This pile just is not as impressive as it should be!! My body feels like it should reach the roof.

Miriam finally got another ski day in with the ski group. She made it back home in time to babysit for us. Darin and I were taken out to eat with the other Seuss directors Saturday night. So so kind of one of the couples to take us all out! Fun couples, great food, lots of laughter, just what we needed after a long day of lumber jacking!

The kids and I are slowing getting over colds we caught last week, no doubt facilitated by the play. Poor Darin has to live with 4 people hacking day and night, and kleenex all over the place.  I think we all turned a corner on Sunday and are on the way to recovery. Man I hate being sick but I have to be grateful for the timing!