We have had a few glitches in our family lately. Nothing too awful, but uncomfortable, annoying, things that make daily life more exhausting than usual. Soren fell while wearing heelies and broke is ring finger. So that cute wrapped hand will be with us for 2 weeks. Luckily it was his left hand. Byron and Miriam came down with a mystery virus over the weekend. They both have mouths full of sores and can barely eat....but no fevers. It seems like Hand Foot and Mouth, but they had that as toddlers and didn't come down with it when Soren had his monster case a few years ago, so not sure what is going down around here. Just living on bananas, peanut butter and yogurt until they heal up.
There have been fun moments in between these glitches. The weather has been fantastic....my love for running has reemerged (although my ability is very diminished), and I can't wait to start hiking again. I just want to be outside in the sunshine all day long.
Our weekends have been booked lately...but Miriam has gone with the ski group when she can. Last week was another all girls trip. This Saturday is our last scheduled trip, and my turn to drive.
The boys begged to go to Davis Reads Literacy Night when they heard Richard Paul Evans would be signing Micheal Vey posters. I don't usually give in to these events but then they spent so much time working on the coloring contest entries I relented.
So I hauled them up to Layton on a Monday evening. It ended up being an interesting engaging night. The author classes we went to were all so creative, and inspiring even for non-writers or illustrators like myself.
So I hauled them up to Layton on a Monday evening. It ended up being an interesting engaging night. The author classes we went to were all so creative, and inspiring even for non-writers or illustrators like myself.
Loved meeting Rubin Pingk and Virginia Brimhall Snow.
We were there until 10:00 pm waiting to meet Richard Paul Evens so it is lucky he was so darn nice!!
As we were leaving I noticed Soren's coloring page wrapped up in a 2nd Place prize bucket...and yep he had won the K-2 division!! That was exciting for him, disappointing for Byron but at the end of the night after filling our empty growling stomaches with burgers and a shake we were all happy (and exhausted).
I just love how my boys look out for each other. Of course there are jealousies but man alive at the end of the day they are there for each other! One cute memory...last week Byron had earned enough tickets for his class prize box. He walked out of school with a watermelon smelling marker but by the time our car pulled away he couldn't find it. Byron feels things deeply....so he burst into tears lamenting the 20 hard earned tickets gone down the drain! After dropping off carpool, I drove back to the school to see if we could spot the pen...and we did in a little girls hand. As she passed our car Byron's shoulders slumped, I encouraged him to go talk to her, to see if she had found the pen but he was embarrassed, and nervous, and just sad. The girl walked farther an farther away and I started to pull away when Soren said "stop!" He jumped out of the car, sprinted down the block and asked the little girl if she had found that pen. He ran back triumphant holding the pen high in the air. It's not a big thing, but their lives a full of these little moments. Byron earning prize tickets to get something Soren would like, Soren making artwork tributes for Byron....I am just so glad they have each other.




