Saturday, December 15, 2018

DC Day 7

We packed up and Craig drove us to the airport.  He navigated rush hour traffic like a champ and we made our flight with plenty of time.

Our last photo was taken at Chicago O'Hare airport.  All our flights made great time and we arrived back in Utah by 6:00 pm. We picked up our car and were home before dark....ready (but not happy) to go back to work and school the next day.


This vacation was fun for sure, but I hope that when my kids look back on it they remember more than fun.  I hope they were inspired by history, by art, by importance of remembering and documenting.  I hope they were inspired by the human spirit, and the tenacity Americans have shown throughout history.  I hope they learned more about the mistakes that humanity has made, and that by learning about those mistakes we will make fewer as we go forward, but also not be afraid to apologize and move forward.  I hope they felt closer to their historic heroes, and gained a few more.  I hope they gained confidence to navigate their way in this world. I hope they noticed people who live lives very differently than ours. I hope they will always remember their time with Lisa and Craig, that they will feel connected to family and have confidence in those bonds.

I hope they made core memories as a family that we will reminisce about years from now.