Sunday, February 10, 2019

January 2018

The year started off with a cough...that lasted 3 weeks! I was so sick.  Sicker than I have been in years with this virus that seemed to keep changing and took forever to go away.  Then Soren got it, then Miriam who was sick right through the first ballroom comp and the beginning of her play.  Soren started coughing again yesterday....
So, January has been a month of teas, vitamins,  decongestants, Zinc, probiotics, cough medicine, essential oils, Ninja juice, bone broth, humidifiers, and now we all take daily fish oil, and E-mergency.

Around all that sickness we managed to fit in some events:

On a teacher prep day when the inversion was awful the boys and I went to the Natural History Museum.  The Maya exhibit was fantastic and the boys loved the new interactive game where you try to balance a community with energy, food and recreation while trying to keep air quality healthy.  I love this place, Byron could go once a week and never get bored.





Took Byron and a friend skiing.  I am really hoping our sick days are coming to an end so February we can get some more skiing in!


The Wizard of Oz production crew decided to get tickets together for us and our kids who are in the play for inspiration and fun. It was magical.



The RC cars have been a huge hit! The boys and Darin have taken them out riding every week when the weather is permitting, and we now have little versions to drive around the house.  Such a fun thing to do together!