Monday, May 27, 2019

Mother's Day


Soren's 3rd grade class put on such a cute Mother's Day celebration.  They wrote a book as a class about "uses for a mother" where they each contributed a page (Soren's was Hand Holder).  They interviewed us, we had cookies, and gave us the individualized books about moms they had been making all year.  I think writing a book must be 3rd grade curriculum because each of my kids has the same kind of book from this grade, but Mrs. Francom is so service minded it made sense hers would be a gift.  Her class puts on Grandparents Day and has a party for the Functional Skills class.  I love the thoughtfulness she passes on to her classes.





On Mother's Day I made my requests like last year.  
1. Let me sleep in.
2. Hike to a waterfall (we did Waterfall Canyon in Odgen)
3. I didn't require any fancy meals but I didn't want to cook anything.
4. I wanted to buy flowers for our front yard so no gifts that require spending $.
5. Watch Hidden Figures as a family




All my wishes came true! 

Although...being woken for breakfast in bed wouldn't have been so bad on this darling tray Soren had made in Cub Scouts.

I love it on the table year around!