The last comp of the season was super angsty. At this point Miriam felt like she had to uphold her reputation among her peers...it's silly really when you think about it, because competitions are so subjective but still, those doubts and worries creep in. Emotions were just running high!
She calmed her nerves by dancing with little kids in the audience whenever there was free dance time. I think it was a fantastic coping strategy.
In the end all her hard work did pay off!
She and Max took first in Samba
She had Logan took first in Jive (although the award says Swing)
She and Brayden took first in Foxtrot
No photo but she and Micha took first in V. Waltz
The most exciting award was when she was awarded Top Female Dancer! She really really wanted this one, and she worked and worked for it!
Logan was awarded Top Male Dancer.
Everything really, truly came to an end at the Ballroom Banquet.
Miriam gets to have a plaque up on the wall with some of her favorite people from past years.
She was awarded Female Ballroom Dancer of the Year.
Because I drove her to so many early morning practices, and so many lessons I know she earned this one. She worked with other kids on their dances, she was there for every practice, every event, every competition. I will miss this team and I KNOW she will miss them.









