Monday, July 08, 2019

First Adventure Weekend

We all made "19 Things for Summer 19" lists this year.  Each of the kids had "play with cousins" or "swim at the Desert Wave Pool" in Price as one of their items.  So we made that happen. There was an accident in the canyon so after waiting in traffic for a while I decided we should turn back to spend the evening in Helper.



It just happened to be one of Helper's "First Fridays" where the art gallaries are open and you can meet the artists.  The city hosts silly events (like bed races), you can pay the Helper Police Department and Fire Department to arrest someone (as a joke of course).  Helper is the quirky gem I think everyone should visit.


Finally made it to the cabin and settled in for the next 2 days.
The first day Darin, Miriam and I rode our bikes into town and visited the Scofield cemetery.  

The next day we took a hike up on top of the mountain to see the abandoned school bus. 
I think it was driven up there on purpose as a deer hunt rest spot.







Such a fun hike, but we found ticks on our clothing so we had to strip down and check all over to make sure we weren't bitten.  I am super proud of the fact that I did the tick removing.

Darin and Miriam went on a daddy daughter bike ride from the cabin over Skyline drive to Starvation where the boys and I picked them up on Highway 6.
This girl is getting to be tough as nails!