
Since it's all rainy and cold here, I made this soup tonight for dinner Moroccan Spiced Chickpea Soup. It's from "Good Deal with David Lieberman" from the Food Network. If you like Indian flavors (or Moroccan flavors, obviously) you'll love it. The only problem I encountered was that it called for spinach. Since there has been a huge E coli outbreak linked to spinach, and all spinach prepacked or not has been taken off supermarket shelves, I had to sub bok choy. Too bad I had bought a HUGE bag of spinach just a few days ago and have been eating it ALL WEEK. I now think I had the e coli and was one of the "healthy adults who get over it in a week", but then again I always think I have whatever is reported on the news.
Back to the soup....the first time I tried it was when my brother Erik made it. A little known fact about Erik, he is an amazing cook. I am serious, he made this soup so much better than I did, and you should try his roast beef (he cooks it without a crock pot). I don't know how he learned either, maybe he is just better at following directions than I am.