Since nothing is happening on the baby front I was able to go see
Julia's first
Encore Dance recital...Hooray!! My wonderful, selfless Mom came to drive me down, no one thought I should be driving myself through the canyon this far along (although the check up right before I left indicated no reason to worry about the baby coming even a day earlier than my due date (May 16th)...sigh). The recital was SO GREAT! The dances were darling, the costumes were modest and cute, the dance routines flowed quickly with good transitions...the lighting, the sound, everything went well. Julia came out and did a few solo counts in one of dance numbers and you should have seen her fly! She is like...3 months pregnant leaping in the air and doing these spins AMAZING. Julia was professional, and upbeat with the parents and the dancers, I am so dang proud of her! So, here are a slew of pictures for everyone to enjoy!!

Our Mom and Julia's MIL at the $ table

Pictures of the Jr. Elite and Elite dance companies.

Ali in her "Pineapple Princess" costume. SO CUTE. Ali was also in a "Walking on Sunshine" number that I wish I would have gotten a picture of!

Mom and Miriam, I knew Miriam was going to be drooling over all the costumes so we dressed her up. She could hardly sit still she SO wanted to be on stage with the other girls. It's her dream to take dance from Aunt Julia.

Madison in her "Work" costume. Such a cute dance, they were dressed as mechanics and danced with wrenches (wooden ones painted silver). Madison did a solo back walk-over in the dance and also some kind of leg thing, where she held her leg to her side.

Marcus, Ella (Julia's niece from her husband's side), Miriam and Madison with Julia who is smiling despite utter exhaustion after the recital was over.

Miriam and her hero Aunt Julia.