Sunday, May 27, 2007

Update


This is probably my last Sunday staying at home while Darin takes Miriam to church, so I thought I would take advantage of the free time for an update. Here he is! Our "Bub" "Bubbers" "Bubba-Q" "Beastie Boy". I love the name Byron, it's solid and masculine but I think everyone is having a hard time calling a baby by such an adult name...especially my Father-in-law whom he is named after! Lawrence isn't much better, and this little guy is just not a "Larry". So, Bub at 2 weeks is very mellow, not to be confused with sleepy, just mellow. He has long stretches of what I call happy awake time before he drifts off to sleep. Unless of course I eat too many brownies and then we hear the wrath of Bub (from both ends).


Miriam has had a few fits and tantrums, letting us know that this has been an adjustment for her. She has kind of been dethroned, or at least had to scoot over and make room for Bub. It has taken her a few days to fall in love with her little brother but recently she has been very sweet and protective of him. So many people have given her gifts and come to visit her specifically (Erik and Kelly, Sarah and the kids) I think it has helped. I did make a major mom mistake the other day. I threw her special "Bear Blankie" on top of Bub while the door was open because it was the closest thing I could find. Miriam marched up to me and said "Mom, that is MY blanket....that is NEVER okay". Can you see what we are dealing with here?? Those words came out of a 3 year old.

On to some good mail!


Hannah saved me a trip to Target with 2 kids by sending me her left over newborn diapers. I was able to put off my shopping until Bub could be left at home. She also sent the little layette he is wearing in the first picture...so thoughtful!! Especially since she is a new mom too!


Jill..ever thoughtful and kind sent me her Baby Bjorn because I had mentioned wanting one. This is a lifesaver because I am a "party mom". It is VERY difficult for me to spend an entire day at home, I try to plan one fun outing a day. We will see how this works with two....I am not quite sure how to do it yet.


Cristin and Lisa, two of my sister-in-laws had this nursing bracelet sent from Charmed Designs. I LOVE it. I wondered if I would just wear it and not use it to keep track of nursing but it is actually very helpful, and so far I haven't taken it off! Thank you!!