
Its so late and I am soooo tired but I have to get something posted before tomorrow because I have been sending my brother Mark my blogging posts in lew of a letter (he is serving and LDS mission in Brazil). I hate those weeks when he doesn't get something from me. We love you Mark!!
Miriam and I put up our Fall decorations today before church. While putting up this very cute door hanging I was reminded of a cute thing my in-laws did for Darin and I when we were first married. Darin's mom and two of his sisters took turns sending us something every month of our first year of marriage. It was so fun to get a surprise every month, sometimes it was food, or a gift certificate, but mostly we received holiday decorations. It is such a sweet thing to do for a new couple. I felt completely accepted and loved by my new family, and I remember how kind they all are every time I get out the decorations.


Here is how we found Miriam 3 hours after putting her to bed. I guess she was hot because she took off her jammies and fell asleep in the doorway. She is such a thrash sleeper, a few times when I have gone to feed Bub in the middle of the night she has sat straight up and flopped forward, never waking. Which reminds me,the kids now share a room and it's working out wonderfully. Bub has slept through the night 3 days in a row (if you count waking up at 5:00 am "sleeping through the night" it's debatable).

The little girl across the street asked if she could come to church with us today. It was kind of a roller coaster day. She came over twice wanting to play, Miriam cried and cried when we told her no. She came over a third time with her mom wondering if she could come to church with us. We were thrilled to take her, especially Miriam who was on cloud nine all through nursery. Then the little girl wanted to go home rather than stay for sacrament meeting, and that devastated Miriam...she started to cry again. Missionary work is not easy.
This was the conversation between the two before we walked to church
neighbor girl: "I'm ready, my dress is fluffy, I am prettier than you!"
Miriam: "No you are not!"
neighbor girl: "yes I am, see the fluffs, and the flower, and the shoes??"
Miriam: "(girls name) that is not nice to say! all girls are pretty not prettier....and I have MORE flowers than you!"
Me: "okay okay okay we are late lets go"