Sunday, September 09, 2007

Talent Show Re-Do PLUS Laughing Bub

Miriam started practicing for the family talent show last June. She picked a song to sing and would dance around the kitchen to the Sleeping Beauty Waltz, she carefully picked out what she would wear, and told me how she would bow at the end, yadda yadda. Well....Miriam, being our first child, has a very structured sleeping and eating routine. Reunions are unstructured events, wonderfully unstructured for us adults who are getting away from our daily grinds, but late nights + meals of simple carbs (not that healthy foods were not available) = sad Miriam. She behaved wonderfully at the reunion 95% percent of the time, but this was Miriam 5 seconds into her anticipated dance performance. Aunt Lisa and Alicia tried to get her to perform the next day, but it was all over for our little starlet. It was sad...so very sad, we watched the events unfold tonight on the camcorder and it made me want to cry. As I was putting Miriam to bed she said "I don't want to see that sad dance again". oh my that hurts my heart.

I thought she deserved another chance to shine without so much pressure, so I present to you Miriam, singing a song very close to her heart.

Also included on this tape is a VERY cute segment of little Bub laughing his heart out. I warn you, I look pretty bad, after church lounge bad, but Bub and Miriam are so darling it's worth posting.



* Happy Grandparents Day to our favorites G'pa B and G'ma C Grandma Rasmussen and Papa!