
Bub and Miriam share a room (we prefer to call it the nursery, like in Mary Poppins or Peter Pan), this means Miriam doesn't have access to her toys for an hour or two each day, twice a day. We have no toy room, and I am unwilling to completely turn every other room in the house into a toy room so this can be problematic. Sometimes, I am an amazing mom. We do crafts together, or we mop the floor together, make dinner...really good mothering stuff. More often than not, I am a not so great mother and I let her play on the computer or watch tv. Today I decided to do some pilates so Miriam got to watch The Berenstain Bears, which made us both happy.

Does anyone else experience "mush brain syndrome" after their children watch tv? Miriam becomes so whiny, and over emotional! Nothing sounds fun or exciting, and today she cried over having to get 4 year old shots that I haven't even scheduled an appointment for?! I insisted that she jump on my bed while I got ready for the day because I don't think her brain was getting enough oxygen. Therein lies the thing I want to remember today:
I picked her up, tossed her on the bed and walked out. She came barreling after me and said "Mother! How dare you throw me when I need to go potty, you should know better!" as I was about to repremand her tone she said "what does 'how dare you' mean?" I explained as best I could and she said "Oh, like if someone put a slimy worm on your finger and it hurt and burned you, and you wanted it off, but they laughed like meanies do, and then that is when you say 'HOW DARE YOU?' about the worm, with mean eyes and a mean face and a very mean voice"
Yes Miriam that would be an appropriate way to use the phrase.
Yes Miriam that would be an appropriate way to use the phrase.