
Here is our spooky Halloween tree transformed into our Gratitude tree. We keep adding leaves as we think of things to be grateful for. I love to see what Miriam comes up with....my favorite so far is doorknobs.
Last night the Young Women and Young Men put on a Thanksgiving soup dinner for the elderly in our area. The work and the worry was well worth it in the end. Both the youth and the seniors enjoyed the dinner. I was proud of how our "ever texting" Young Women and Young Men were able to carry on pleasant conversations, and how they were excited to serve those at their tables. It so true that the youth and the seniors dearly need each other.
Today at the grocery store I saw a rough looking teenager buy a single small meatball for lunch. From the time it took for me to notice him, and make my purchase a million scenerios ran through my mind of reasons a teenaged boy would only buy one meatball for lunch. Maybe he was saving his lunch money for something (I did that in high school), maybe he forgot his money, maybe he spent his money on something bad, maybe he just doesn't have any money. It came down to this...there is no way a teenaged boy can survive 3 more hours of high school on one meatball. I made my purchase and handed him a $1.50 (all the cash I had) saying "here, you should get some more meatballs". The boy thanked me heartily and as I walked away the clerk said "is that your mom?" (which devistated me...I'll be honest) the boy then said "no, she is just a really nice lady". Awww I wish I would have bought him a drink as well.
Now, to get me motivated to get back to work....
I am thankful for the laundry I need to iron because it means we have clothing.
I am thankful for the budget I need to work on because we have money to budget.