Saturday, October 31, 2009

Game On


As I geared up for the worst case scenario (we have had BAD week long sickies running around our hood) Miriam's sickness was nothing.
1 day and 1 night of low grade fever, two afternoon naps and she is fine. Bouncing off the walls, snarfing on Halloween junk, begging for friends...

(if that was the flu with a little help from the flu shot I am one happy mama)

so we made our trip to Gardner Village.

It was COLD


We made a quick jaunt around to spy the witches, had our picnic in the bakery, and spent the rest of our time in the shops....of course that included a trip to Sweet Afton's to peruse the isles of candy.


We settled on fudge and were very happy with our choice.

Oh! and yes, I did make those Halloween costumes myself, see them here. It's all fabric glue, easy peasy stuff. Although I did hem the cape with a sewing machine...I know I KNOW I am pretty amazed with myself too. Once Darin had the bobbin full of thread and the machine threaded there was no stopping me.

What would I do without my husband...I wouldn't be hemming any Halloween capes that is for sure.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!