For my own documentation, I wanted to post Miriam's small, non-paid, modeling career for our church.
December 2009 EnsignThe Power and Protection of Worthy Music
Since it's a global magazine, and we live in an area inundated by blond blue-eyed children it's not likely that my children will be asked to pose in many church pictures. I feel lucky that Miriam got the chance to be in these two small articles. It was just fun to open up the magazines and see her. Plus, my chin and neck made the cut so that was a bonus.
The Sharing Time photo was all fun. They played songs and games with the kids for about 10 minuets while snapping pictures, led them to a snack table and we were done. Not so for the singing photo. Miriam actually had to sing along to a CD for at least 30 minuets, turning this way and that, looking here and then there. I was pretty impressed with her patience during the whole thing...especially since there was no snack table at the end (gasp!).
Miriam doesn't seem to care much about either photo, she just smiles when anyone mentions it (which is not often). I guess it is something that parents get more excited about than kids. For me, this was waaay more exciting than seeing her as a blurp on the news during the cryptosporidium outbreak a few years ago. Way better....not so gross.
