Sunday, January 17, 2010

What to do with yucky snow?



We have yucky, hard, gross snow at the moment. We can't sled in it, build a snowman, or even throw it. I though I was being super creative when I came up with food color/water to paint that worthless snow but I have actually seen it blogged about several times since we did it.

Someone once told me "there is no original thought" and at least in my case, that is the truth.
It was a successful activity, and kept the kids entertained for about 40 min. which is heaven for me so I recommend it.

The snow should be on it's way this week! If it's not I am in trouble, because I will have a ton of disappointment and sadness to deal with and no one to blame (except maybe the meteorlogists)! The kids and I planned to go to my parents over the holiday but the fear of driving through a snowy canyon alone with the kids kept me from going.

I was so looking forward to not cleaning my house, not doing laundry, not planning meals or trying to stay in our food budget, not making dinner and not entertaining my kids. I was looking forward to working out in my moms suped up exercise room, getting out of this terrible inversion, hanging out with my sisters mom and dad, and seeing the kids completely in cousin heaven. And if you think my disappointment is bad you should see Miriam...that girl can mourn!

Come on snow...come on snow....come on snow.