Friday, January 07, 2011

Miriam's Favorite Gift

Mimi won the contest, and then used some of her Christmas money to get the amethyst birthstone earrings.
So, technically this was a joint gift from Miriam and her Grandparents to Miriam. Sorry Mom, I know you want nothing to do with ear piercing.

Definitely the most exciting gift of the season. They called with the news that she had won on December 23rd and she knew exactly what she wanted to do with the money. Only she thought I would make her wait till her birthday to do it.

She was really brave, only jumping slightly when the stud was pushed through.

The Gem Smith (seriously, the owner who is the Gem Smith) gave her a huge colorful sucker for being so brave. She immediately gave it to Bub saying that the earrings were a gift enough. Those who know M's love of sweets will understand the kindness behind this little action.

The Gem Smith mentioned that she has very small earlobes. I'd never noticed before!