It's the beginning of a new era for Darin's side of the family.
The first Grandchild is getting married this weekend, which is startling to my sense of time.
I met Alicia when she was a pixie haired 6 year old who "didn't care for boys or tomatoes".
I wonder if she changed her mind about tomatoes?

Our niece has such a wonderful relationship with her Mother, and both her Grandmothers, it seemed perfect to celebrate with a Mother Daughter Shower.
It was a beautiful day.
Alicia made us all cry when she broke down in tears expressing her love for her mother.
Happy tears, sugared pecan salad, lots of diet coke, creme brulee, monogramed dish towels.
A REALLY beautiful day.

In theory, I helped host this shower but in reality it was all my sister-in-law Cristin.
Her vision, her hard work, I just ran a few errands.
The party included:
A wish tree for the bride
Wonderfully girly luncheon
Get to know Alicia and Tyler game
as well as a few other little games
Opening of the gifts
and then pictures of Moms and Daughters
as well as...

Grandmas and Granddaughters
{Alicia will send out the pictures in her Thank You cards.}