Monday, April 04, 2011

Conference Weekend

We experienced a true Utah Spring over the weekend.
Family bike ride Friday evening in the sunshine.
In between Conference sessions we flew M's butterfly in gusty overcast skies.



She was thrilled.
He was pretty darn excited as well.
Darin was the hero of the day!



Sunday we woke up to snow. Watched it rain, and then snow, and finally hail from our cozy couch while listening to our Prophet and Apostles. We never left the house. Just listened, ate brownies and napped.
I have to admit, days like that come at a price for me. I feel boxed in and irritable when I am home all day with the kids following me around from room to room. I always try to hide at some point during the day only to be found within 10 min. I know I will someday miss them coming to find me, fighting for my lap, asking to help with everything, but that knowledge doesn't really help when I just want a moment to myself. Darin let me skulk off during the Sunday afternoon session for the best nap of my entire year. I was alone for over an hour before anyone came to find me.
No guilt about it, just complete gratitude.


Highlights for me:
Elder Kent Richards - Trials
Of course Elder Quinten L. Cook - All about how great women in the church are. How could any woman not love that talk?
Elder Bednar - Inspiration from the Holy Ghost