Wednesday, September 12, 2012

9/10/12


On Monday Miriam informed me that it was one month till our Mom and daughter NY trip!
Miriam planned an ice cream party to give Morgan (her doll) her new t-shirt for the trip because she is, of course, coming with us! Mimi felt sorry for Meg (my doll) and wasn't sure if she should be included, but I assured her that Meg is such a sweet, rational, even tempered girl....there is not a jealous piece of plastic in her body.  She is the perfected version of me.

Our New York reading is still going strong.  It's such a fun way to build the anticipation and excitement for the trip! 

One Month!! SQUEEE!!

Okay...next topic.  This is the first year that my kids were aware of 9/11. I was taken off guard a bit when Miriam mentioned it at dinnertime. Not that I don't want them to know, just that the whole thing makes me feel uneasy and fearful so I was waiting to talk to them about it.  M asked me what it was like for me, and I started to cry from the flood of feelings.  Because, at that moment I felt like the world was ending. I felt like meanness, and anger had won over humanity.  But the one thing that brought me comfort at that time, and the thing that I tried to tell me children is that my father remembers feeling the same way in the 60's.  Strange that I get comfort from that but, I realized that awful inhumane evil things have always happened and they always will.  But we are still here.  The world didn't end.  Anger and hate didn't win after all. 

This is Bub's message to the terrorists:
"If you don't like America, don't die over it, just stay away from us!"