I have been a Mormon (LDS) all my life. In my religion everyone is encouraged (with righteous peer pressure) to serve in "callings", and you usually go straight from one calling to the next....a break period is rare. So after 36 years, I have had a fair amount of different jobs in the church.
My favorite...
hands down....
so far....
is....
Activity Day Leader
I think I would love the Cub Scout program as well, and will probably serve there before my boys are grown, but my feminist issues make this calling more personal to me. The Cub program...it's all mapped out with day camps, badges, uniforms they don't need any attention from me.
The 8-11 year old girls....they kind of get the chaff, but not on my watch!
These cute girls deserve some adventure durn it!!
and quick before self-conscious, insecure adolescence sets in!!
Some of my adventurous, athletic, smart, funny girls.
