Thursday, July 04, 2013

Neighborhood Talent Show

 Miriam and T'Anna were at it again last week.
Those do-gooders decided to do something about our worn out playground equipment.
They organized a neighborhood talent show (made up flyers, took them door-to-door, came up with dance routines and made treats to sell as concessions)

There were so many cute talents from the neighborhood kids.
Our family contributed a ninja routine, 2 dance/song numbers, and a scientific mentos/diet soda display.


This was all carried out in blistering 100 degree (at least) heat.

They made $30 which is nothing to sneeze at, but more importantly they took some initiative to do something about a problem.   If I can raise builders rather than sit around and complainers it will be worth the headache of having a constant party planning daughter.

I am proud of Miriam, and proud of the boys for participating.  
Even though I told them no more fund raising for the rest of the summer.