Friday, January 03, 2014

Christmas Eve


In order to entertain the troops, and give G'ma and G'pa a bit of a break from the weekend, we decided to take the kids to lunch and then to the Cache Valley Fun Center.

We ate at the "best use for a gas station" restaurant called Tandori Oven.  It was small, but every good.  The kids loved mango lassi in fancy copper cups and naan.  They haven't ventured into much more than that although Miriam is branching out a bit.

Then we did it all!
Bowling (Soren won I came in dead last)
Arcade
Lazer Tag (Darin and Byron)
Roller Skating (Miriam and I)

We got home in time for a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner.
We put together a puzzle. 
The kids sang the Christmas song from their sacrament meeting performance.
Miriam played her piano songs.
We all sang "Christmas Bells" (Miriam and I tried to do the discant).
Grandma gave an impromptu oration of the poem "Old Father Christmas" 
(this was a highlight of the night) 
Read the Christmas Story.
Watched a Christmas Nativity movie.
We ended by singing Silent Night.

Then I put the kids to bed with a traditional favorite of Darin's family How Mrs. Claus Saves Christmas. Left the kids all snuggled together, happily exhausted, anticipating the morning!