This is how the table looked from Sunday the 9th till the day of LOVE.
We watched the Olympics while Byron and Soren made robots out of mini candy bars and Miriam made mice out of Hersey Kisses.
We carried on the "Secret Valentine" tradition
My favorite quote was from Soren: "Mom, know why I am helping you make your bed? Because I am your secret valentine, but Dad told me not to tell you"
Cute anonymous notes, with my favorite below.
I will let you guess who it was from.
(some of the words were finished in crayon..possibly not enough alphabet stickers at his school)
Miriam's class valentine party had a Queen of Hearts/Mad Hatter tea party theme. I was in charge of the game Spoons (face cards and teaspoons...get it??) and made checkerboard tea sandwiches, which I felt pretty dang generous about. I realized my contribution was a drop in the bucket compared to what the mom in charge did!!
The whole room was decorated (although, I have to be honest, in a classroom some of the impact is lost) with face card banners, and big balloon lanterns. They had huge playing cards to play croquet with, made origami hearts, painted roses red with balloons and chopsticks (? didn't get to see that game in action) and of course spoons.
The kids were so cute to dress up, and SCORE got to use that Halloween costume again!
Byron's party was in the afternoon...much more low key.
I was in charge of suck the marshmallow with a straw game.
(can you spot Soren with Byron?? He thinks he is a kindergartner)
They did some other minute to win it type games, made heart necklaces and filled their "hug jug's" with valentines.
We came home and read through all the valentines, which is my favorite part of the day!!
We finished out the day with home made pizza and the Olympics because...
WE LOVE THE OLYMPICS!!
Seriously loving all the dreaming going on around here.

