Things got started the night before with a sibling sleep over on the loft bed.
(getting Bub down to go potty was quite a feat but Darin and I did it while laughing hysterically....he doesn't wake up at night so we sleep walk him to the potty...he seriously never even remembers in the next morning)
I put 4 balloons (1 blue, 1 red, 1 green, and 1 orange as requested) tied to a new Superman shirt (didn't get around to making his birthday shirt) in the room for him to wake up to.
Miriam made him raspberry pancakes with whipped cream for breakfast.
Soren goes to a cute toddler music class so we took punch balloons to give out to his music friends.
Then we had his friend party at the park across from our elementary school. It's perfect because Miriam could miss recess and lunch to join us, and then Bub runs over for afternoon kindergarten.
It was a tad cold, but doable with a jacket.
Cupcakes made by one of my cute Young Women, Riley. She put an oreo in the bottom of the chocolate cupcakes with heavenly buttercream frosting. I left everything up to her and she did a perfect job! I am still dreaming of those cupcakes, kinda wishing I hadn't been so generous with them.
Our party guests. A few of Bub's kindergarten friends and one of Miriam's friends in the mix.
Soren watched The Incredibles and then took a glorious birthday nap.
(He didn't feel like it was glorious but I did)
Even Superman needs naps...
(took Byron to soccer practice, Miriam to piano)
Okay, on to the most important part of the day. Soren has been wanting to eat at Hot Dog on a Stick since October! This has been his birthday wish for months.
Corn Dog, sizzling hot fries, and green lemonade.
Alicia met us there so we all enjoyed the mall food court together.
Then on to the Lego store. The workers there were so cute with Soren! When they found out it was his birthday they gave him a superman figure and a t-shirt in a bag that said "Happy Birthday Superman"
He picked out some gifts from us and Alicia.
He walked around the mall like a boss with his Lego bags totally satisfied with his purchase.
At 10:00 pm I think he and Byron finally settled down from the fun and and fell asleep.




