Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saturday

It's a rainy Saturday.  We have a cold wet soccer game to look forward to and I have a long long long list of "to-dos" on my mind.  Not just "to-dos" but "should-dos" and "want-tos". My mind fills overwhelmed flipping back and forth between each list.  My heart doesn't want to do the "to-dos" or even the "should-dos" but fills with guilt when I think of doing the "want-tos".....and so I am here on the computer while the boys play Angry Bird's Go because I am using avoidance and distraction to numb my mind instead of making decisions.

I uploaded some pictures from my camera to ease the guilty feeling of wasting time and I saw these....



And here it is...a small glimpse of what happens when you little by little, every day work at knocking items off of those suffocating lists.

Julia, her teachers, her husband, my parents, tackled their overwhelming daily "to-should-and want-tos" and pulled off another beautiful dance recital.

Miriam, Madison, Tatum, Claire, and all the other little dancers went to class, put in the mental and physically effort needed.  They brought me to tears with their accomplishments!

I made the phone calls, arrangements, and drove Miriam and the boys to dance classes. I entertained the boys with active play, or ran errands while we waited for her classes to end. I listened to Miriam's frustrations, celebrated her accomplishments, I took on the added emotional roller coaster when I could have said "just stay home and watch tv".

And Darin got up and went to work every day, came home too exhausted to get to his "want-to" list so there was money in the bank account for it all.

So I will now post this....get off the computer....go make Byron's birthday shirt....cut the boys hair....take a shower....go to the soccer game.....make cookies for the ladies I visit teach.....get my Sunbeam lesson together.....clean up the house....and little by little keep knocking things off my list. I will even smile while I do it, although smiling isn't on my "want-to" list today...it's solidly planted on my "should-do".


But.....good news!
Since it's raining (and has been for 3 days) I can't work in the yard so at least thats off the list today.