Sunday, July 13, 2014

Antelope by Moonlight

Darin and I signed up for the Antelope by Moonlight bike ride, which meant I needed a new ride!
Still loving the Madsen {with the kid hauling bucket} for family rides, but if I was going to keep up with Darin for 24 miles in the middle of the night I needed something new.
{I not only needed a bike, I had never ridden more than like 8 miles, never in the dark}


So I blew all my fun money on a matching bike! 
Darin laughed when he saw the bike that worked with my short-legged body, it kind of does look like a child's bike....but I am in love! I have never felt so comfortable on a bike! 
AND THEY MATCH, which I dearly love, and Darin tolerates with affection.


They forecasted rain....but nope.
Clear skies and a full bright moon to ride with.


This ride gives prizes for crazy lit up costumes.  Very entertaining to watch, but really not our {Darin's} scene...but he did put on the matching t-shirt I had laid out for him! 
Compromise, one of the many reasons we work so well.




I heard an estimate of between 1500 and 3000 riders being thrown around that evening.
I don't know for sure, but there were a lot of people there.
Darin and I got in our groove passing people and finding our own pockets of solitude among the other riders.  Some had music playing, everyone was super friendly. 


Finished! 24 miles of beautiful Great Salt Lake views, while the moon shone down!


We are so glad we did it, we needed some bonding time amidst this crazy busy summer.  Although Darin is faster than I am, and much braver downhill, I would say we are compatible riders.  It's fun to add to the list of activities we enjoy doing together.

THANK YOU Alicia for staying over with the kids, only to be awoken at 1 am because we forgot our house keys.  Soren woke up later in the morning, when he saw me he crumpled in disappointment and said "WHERE IS ALICIA?!" I reassured him she would be here when he woke up so he turned over and went back to snoozin. Alicia is dearly loved around these parts.