Saturday, July 26, 2014

Just another glimpse...

What in the holy heck am I doing blogging 12:10 am?
I have stuff to accomplish tomorrow!
I need to go grocery shopping/gear gathering/pack for girls camp tomorrow morning, find my camp schedule (where in the world?), finish the laundry, pack the kids, get together a Sunbeam lesson, figure out a skit, and make a dozen phone calls. 

But you know what I did tonight instead of tackling any one of those things on my list?
I went to book club and ate French cheese and fig jelly with nuts, fruit, and crackers.  We discussed English literature, and life, and laughed at high school reunion stories (it's that time of year after all).  Meanwhile back at the ranch, Darin was putting our 3 littles down to bed.
When I got home, Darin and I watched an amusing movie.  After IMDBing the whole cast we talked about this and that while getting ready for bed.  We opened windows, checked on kids, snuggled until his breathing was heavy and even....pretty darn near perfect evening till my brain turned on. 
My mental list is now officially recorded, so hopefully after I post this I will be able to sleep.

Until then, here is a glimpse of July

SUMMER REC

Iddy Biddy Ball for Soren



Basketball for Bub


Bub is fairly hesitant to get in there and play, but he is always observing and with Bub that is key.
I can't really tell if he likes something or not until he has observed for quite awhile.
Case in point: I have been encouraging him to try a kart wheel for 2 summers now, he profusely refused every time....I walk into the living room one spring day and he is doing kart wheels across the floor.

You just never know with that kid....he keeps you guessing.


Lacrosse for Miriam
(I have never in my life worn a mouth guard)


She is one of only 3 girls who signed up for the entire session.
She says she loves it.


Soren usually gets out earlier than the other two, so we sit and watch for awhile.


SWIMMING LESSONS


They have all improved by leaps and bounds!


Bub made the largest gains since last year.  That boy became a fish.


Soren as always charmed the teachers.


They are all excited to sign up again next year...but there is a snag.  We got the bitter sweet news that Miriam has officially graduated from Cynthia's swim school.  She is excited to move on but doesn't want to take lessons anywhere else.


I am going to go try that sleeping thing again...