Darin and 2 friends came up with and completed the OgtoLo bike ride. It all started with the CentoFarm (Miriam named that leg of the day) Centerville to Farmington Station, where they caught the train to Ogden.
The guys rode from Odgen Station through Hwy 89 up Sardine Canyon to Logan. They made stops for apples along "fruit Highway" and lunch at Maddox. They made great time, and it was an easier ride than Darin anticipated.
I drove the kids up to Logan to meet up with Darin and the other families there. The kids got pizza and the disney channel at the hotel while the adults went to celebrate at El Sol with amazing Mexican food! I haven't been that stuffed in a loooong time. I have a love hate relationship with those fresh fried tortialla chips. Then free fried ice cream...so good....so full.
Saturday we zoomed down to Price to see Claire get baptised. Claire was happy, and sweet and wet! That evening the older guys when to Priesthood sesson while the ladies and small boys had a session of decluttering Grandma's storage area. Namly the Halloween costume section. We came away with some doozies.
The next morning Darin and I did CovetoPort, 24 miles from my parents house (covecrest dr.) up airport road. The best part about our ride was being completely alone for mile after mile. We had the ride to ourselves 95% of the time, had more run-ins with cows than people.
Beautiful ride, beautiful weather!
I think we ended up going 24.7 miles...need to check with Darin on that.
The flooding in that area had just happed the week before so a few of these ravines that hardly ever see moisture were filled with water. Those desert storms are amazingly powerful.







