I am keeping the Rasmussen family traditions alive and well, even when not celebrating with my family. We fondued (word?) with friends and played UNO Dare...no pictures because I was snarfing on food and trying to win UNO. We did an early (8:00 pm) popper mini celebration, saving most of the poppers for the real (10:00 pm) deal but wanted to yell "Happy New Year!" while friends were around.
Miriam then went to a little party with friends till midnight?! I know....I am surprised I let her go so late too...it turns out it was just easier on everyone if I let her stay till midnight when the mom hosting was bringing everybody home. She had a great time.
So it was just us and the boys.
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Martinelli's
Miriam then went to a little party with friends till midnight?! I know....I am surprised I let her go so late too...it turns out it was just easier on everyone if I let her stay till midnight when the mom hosting was bringing everybody home. She had a great time.
So it was just us and the boys.
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Martinelli's
Many many many POPPERS!
Some jumping off the chairs....
This next photo is in because it makes me laugh REALLY HARD!
I wanted a family photo on the deck with all the town lights below.
It was REALLY COLD so the boys were less than enthusiastic.
The second this beauty had been snapped, Soren jumped out of my arms and ran face-first straight into the sliding glass door. Ever seen a bird do that? I know it's terribly sad but it makes me laugh every. single. time. and this was no different. I belly laughed while trying to hug it all better.
He is fine, he is a tough little guy.
As luck would have it, another family in our neighborhood likes to celebrate at 10:00 pm so there were some great fireworks to hoot and holler at!!
Darin and I did stay awake until 12 and again watched a couple firework displays from our bedroom window.
The next day we had breakfast pizza AGAIN because we all loved it, and I decided it is to be our New Years morning tradition.
Then I made everyone go sledding!
Manditory Family Fun Time!
Another tradition I am holding firm to, and really once we were all out there ready to go it was so fun!
We went to Byron's soccer field because all of us during one game or another had looked around at the mutiple rolling hills and thought "this is a perfect place to sled!" Others have obiously had that thought as well, we weren't alone in our adventure.
In some places the snow had blown away durring the wind storm earlier in the week but there were plenty of steep snow covered hills. They were quickly becoming ice moutains as more and more people were taking advantage of the time off. I am glad we went when we did.
Me, in my silly too big men's hat and my 3 sizes too big snow pants.
As always, looking hot on the hill!
Of course we ended when Miriam and Byron took a second try at a jump and Byron got hurt...but that is to be expected on sledding trips. That doesn't ruin a good sledding day, it adds a good story to our sledding day!



