The 5th grade (unofficial) Ski Club!
These friends/neighbors/class mates/soccer teammates/or cousins have been taking advantage of the Utah 5th grade pass! So far they have only been to Brighton and Nordic Valley together but there are plans to visit as many resorts as we can before the season is up.
My family skied quite a bit when I was little, but when we finished off the cabin and bought snowmobiles, we started spending our winter time there instead of at the resorts.
Here I am back on the lift!
I ski like my mom, steady, perfect, slow turns all the way down the hill. I never was a speed demon, and am even further from that description 20 years older!
I loved it!
The adrenaline when the lift picks you up, the fun conversations all the way up the hill, the sense of panic when you look down, and then the determination to maintain control as you figure out a way down the hill. I was exhausted by the time we finished, but I love that feeling too!
This trip also made me more aware of the sacrifice and effort my parents put into getting my family up on the hill. They got us up at 6:00 am if not before...skied all day long with 4 kids (this was before Mark) and then had to drive 2 hours all the way back home....feeling every bit as exhausted as I did this day. Amazing.
So glad we know so many cute families to car pool with.
These kiddos are having a blast....we just need MORE SNOW!!!
These kiddos are having a blast....we just need MORE SNOW!!!