We hit Pirate Reef right before going to the Chima Water Park. Good choice, it got us so wet! Darin declared it his favorite ride of the day.
This was a huge hit with our Chima loving boys. The decorations were so great, we loved Mount Cavora above the wave pool. The kids could have spent half the day in the wave pool but there was so much more to see!
The day started out again in the mid 70's but sunny so we were thrilled with our weather luck.
The sun quickly went behind cloud covering for the rest of the day so we weren't as lucky as we thought. It was too cold for me to totally enjoy myself. The water is heated to 80 degrees so as long as you kept swimming it was great....getting out was hard! On the flip side...no worries about sunburn.
We ate at the Wolves Cantina right by the wave pool. It wasn't on the map so it must be a new thing. Great burgers.
After lunch we went to the original water park where the big kids LOVED the lazy lego river and Soren LOVED these big bricks.
We ended up springing for the $5 family dryer because I couldn't stand the idea of walking around that wet and cold! It was so warm I wanted it to last forever!
We went on a factory tour, two thumbs up from our family.
Darin then took the kids to the aquarium while I put our little surprise together. The kids had been researching the Legoland Hotel for months but when it came time to book we told them it was just too much. In actuality we split the difference between the two hotels so I went to move our car and gear and then meet them at the aquarium for the surprise reveal. I snuck a shower in there as well...I couldn't resist, and then accidentally put lotion in my hair rather than conditioner....so it took me a bit longer than expected.
The kids showed me their favorite parts of the aquarium and when we walked outside I said "whats that big building over there?" Some random kid yelled "The Legoland Hotel" which made me laugh, then I took out the key card and said "we are staying there tonight!"

A lego scorpion in the bathroom, a lego monkey on top of the safe holding mixels, their own tv playing nothing but kid shows, disco elevator...
and fart noise carpet?! How could they not love it?
We ate at the Skyline Cafe that evening, stopped by the dance party they were having, toured the hotels grounds a bit, and then lounged around the room. We watched some of the Lego Star Wars movie they were showing at the pool from our room window, but none of us had the energy to leave our room at that point.
Another Legoland miracle....the kids wanted mixels from the same set so they could build a mega mixel. The front desk had exactly 1 of each of the sets we needed!







