Our last day....we had until 2:30 pm before we had to start heading toward the airport so we asked everyone what was the 1 thing they wanted to make sure and fit in before we left.
Byron and Soren wanted to do the Chima 4D experience
Miriam wanted to do Coastersaurus
The kids wanted to find some more penny smashing machines.
Darin and I both wanted to do Captain Cranky's Challenge which I kept calling Captain Crusty's Revenge for some reason and it got stuck in my brain as such.
I also wanted a crepe from Heartlake City.
If you stay at the Legoland hotel you can get into the park an hour before it officially opens. Only the stores, and Explorer Island rides are open at that time...but luckily those were the rides we hadn't been on yet (I don't think we planned that...I think it just happened). So we got down to the Brick's breakfast buffet at 7:00 to be out the door by 9:00.
Brick's was a kid breakfast buffet dream, balloon artist made swords for the kids and all!
I wasn't super impressed, but I can see why the kids loved it.
I am like an old lady with my obsession with the weather but again mid 70's with overcast skies!!
Explorer Island has lots of slow - look at the legos - type of rides but we all loved them!
There were hardly any lines at all so it was a relaxing and fun hour together.
Right at 10:00 we hit "Captain Cranky's Revenge". The kids were not excited about this ride but ended up loving it so much we went on it twice, in a row, just our family.
We hadn't been through the Star Wars legos either, so glad we didn't miss that!
We squeezed in a Miniland USA boat tour before the guys hit the 12:00 showing of Chima.
Miriam and I surprised the boys by going to The Big Shop and picking out souvenir T-shirts for the boys, and of course she got to pick one for herself.
(this was both fun surprise and me having control issues, I didn't want the boys picking out their own t-shirts, Miriam's taste I can trust)
We smashed some more pennies, and the kids got ice cream cones.
Not me though, because remember....the nutella crepe request...in Heartlake City....with the Friends.
I love the Friends.
M & B wanted one more ride in the Driving School, and Soren wanted one more trip to Duplo Village. We sent M & B off with instructions to meet at the village when they were done.
The kids ran around, built some impressive towers, and then we all shared the crepe.
Some of us could have done more...played longer at the playgrounds, went on a few of our favorite rides again, but Soren was done and it was time to be on our way.
Good-bye Legoland!!
Hello crazy California highways!
There was an accident so traffic had already started backing up, a closed on-ramp we needed AND the San Diego county fair to deal with. Darin saved the day on that one. I was about ready to cry from traffic frustration but he went into save-the-day mode.
We got our rental returned, and made it to the airport with time to peacefully enjoy some dinner.
This was my favorite airplane ride ever (well, since having kids) because Darin and I got to sit by each other with all three of the kids in the row behind. We were taking off just as the sun was setting, so it was beautiful, and then as it got dark we could look down and see the lights from cities below.
It all went by so fast!
There was some vacation let down (mostly me) and major adjustments to how normal summer days will be (chores - mostly the kids) but I think we are all satisfied with our adventure...and content for now to be home. Although I, as mentioned, had a hard time facing the responsibilities of being home I loved the feeling of waking up in my own bed, in my own home, with my own stuff.
Be it ever so humble...there's no place like home!










