Our plans for New Years were up in the air until the day before. I had hoped to use Miriam's 6th grade pass at the new Cheery Peak resort up past Logan but it didn't pan out. Cousin's to ski with got sick, and then we didn't end up getting Miriam's skis in time anyway.
Ris called the day before New Years Eve and asked if we wanted to go sledding in Logan Canyon. It's a fairly long drive but I am always up for an adventure and love seeing new places! We met at Cafe Sabor in Logan for lunch. I have only eaten there twice but loved it both times...I am not sure if the food or the company that makes it so great but I like it.
The drive up Logan Canyon was beautiful!
We switched between reading Harry Potter and just gazing out the windows.
The hill was in "The Sinks" area of the canyon I believe, but not the "Peter Sinks" area...I think. It was by the Beaver Mountain turn off.
Crazy bumpy sledding! Very fun, very fast and a very good workout walking back up the huge hill!!
We stayed as long as our feet (cold) and hearts (tired) could handle it.
Then we ran to the car to warm up and read more Harry Potter on our drive home.
We were all plum tuckered out but only one of us got a nap in!
The kids were sooooo hungry when we got home... I think thats what happens when your lunch consists of nachos and root beer. Good thing fondue is fast and easy.
Our New Years had a Harry Potter theme with the idea we would watch the 2nd movie.
We didn't finish the book in time but went ahead with the HP fun anyway.
Beanboozeled anyone? This is a hilarious and disgusting game. Luckily I only had to try baby wipes. So funny to watch the kids faces!
Miriam ran off to celebrate with friends, the boys watched Kung Fu Panda.
Darin told me to put my phone away as he whipped together the messy cream and marshmallow fluff for butter beer.
Of course I didn't listen.
Being precious about it...
Getting all manly about it...
Being totally secure in his manhood about it.
He is the best!
Butter Beer and poppers at 10!!!
We thought the boys would fall asleep as this point, they had seen fireworks out the window, jumped off the couch with poppers flying, watched a movie....but alas....they were determined to make it to midnight. So we got out the games. Just because an 8 and 5 year old want to stay up, doesn't mean it's easy. We powered through...Five Crowns Jr, Uno, Jenga, more Harry Potter reading, tears were shed as Byron became very competitive and emotional. Soren turned into a hyperactive spaz, which was funny but exhausting. Finally midnight hits and we can do more poppers and ring in the new year for a second time. Miriam got home at 12:30, finally, finally all the kids were in bed.
We played all those games again on New Year's Day and had a great time, proving that this staying up till midnight stuff is for the birds!! (said like a true morning person) We should really turn in at 10 pm and say "Happy New Year!" the first thing the next morning all bright eyed and bushy tailed.













