I have let some balls drop this month. Just when I start to think I am all efficient and smooth a birthday, extra play practice, and history fair come due and I am missing my Gymbuck dates, and free calendar offers (on a calendar I spent so much time making on Shutterfly...boo)
New Years resolution...write EVERYTHING down in my calendar and check it daily. I swear my brain just doesn't hold as much as it use to.
Miriam and her friend Viv have been working so stinkin' dang hard on their history fair play. So hard, that Miriam has missed 2 weeks of ski group to finish the script, learn a song on the ukulele, and create props. In everything but the props they were 100% on their own. As for the props/set, the parents took the girls grand ideas and brought them down to a manageable level. The girls drew pictures of what they wanted (or printed an image from the internet) the dads set up a projector so they could enlarge and trace their work onto painters drop cloth canvas. It took 2 - 12 year olds, 2 dads, 2 moms making treats and an 8 year old to finish them before midnight.
The girls were so happy with how they turned out. They have been working ever since to be able to get the scenes set up in the 5 min time allotment before their performance.
The competition is THIS Friday (which is also the dress rehearsal for Seussical).
Byron and Soren's Chinese classes are getting ready for the big Year of the Monkey New Years Celebration. Unfortunately, the night of their performance is opening night of Seussical so they won't be able to perform with their classes (February is dreadfully over scheduled). I wanted to make sure the boys still got some semblance of a cultural celebration so we invited some friends to Boba World on Friday night. All the kids ordered in Chinese so they can get extra credit in their Chinese class.
We left up Miriam's Beehive welcome because it fit right into Valentines week.
We loved getting this julehjerter in the mail from Darin's parents. I especially love it because I remember making paper versions of them at my Dad's mission reunions as a little girl. My family made them a few other times at primary activities and such, but I don't think my kids have ever made them. I need to rectify that soon!
Sneaky secret valentines were delivered throughout the week. I love how the kids took advantage of school treats and crafts to think of each other. The boys helped me make baked cinnamon french toast with berries for breakfast. They so love to help in the kitchen, I need to make more time for that.
Sneaky secret valentines were delivered throughout the week. I love how the kids took advantage of school treats and crafts to think of each other. The boys helped me make baked cinnamon french toast with berries for breakfast. They so love to help in the kitchen, I need to make more time for that.
Luckily Darin and I drew each others names in the drawing. That made it nice since we both wanted the same thing...dinner out together.
So we made that happen,
and then Darin let me take a nap while he played board games with the kids AND he did over an hour of yoga with me. Thats pretty much sums up my perfect day, so yeah, pretty killer Valentines weekend!







