Sunday, February 21, 2016

It's Sunday night and I am breathing easy. Monday the madness starts again so until then I am enjoying the peace.

Last week we survived daily Seussical dress rehearsals...







and nightly history fair practices that ended on Friday afternoon with the competition. 
No results as of yet...



Darin and I + some friends snuck in a quick Saturday morning bike ride. The kids thought I looked like my Dad and/or Uncle Mark. I value comfort over fashion any day...if I look like a man so be it.  

(this photo doesn't even show my army green pants and bright blue and pink shoes, I think I am going to claim eccentric as my fashion statement)


We had frantic morning piano practices all week getting songs perfected and memorized for a Saturday afternoon recital.
This was Byron's first parent recital and although he said (many times over and over) he didn't want to do it, he did a fabulous job introducing himself, remembering the bow...not to mention the 4 songs he played great! 
Both kids did a fantastic job.


Saturday evening friends invited us over to their annual potluck Chinese New Year party.  


Weekend #2 of yummy fat noodles + homemade potstickers and egg rolls.


I don't serve Chinese food very often and certainly don't make it from scratch so this was a treat.

We are excited for the upcoming performance week and the chance to have family come visit!