Monday, May 16, 2016

Birthday Season Continues...

Darin actually worked like a dog on his birthday; helping Miriam mow the lawn, getting the sprinklers ready, splicing the sprinkler line I accidentally cut with the trimmer, discovering that there may be a water leak under our driveway....(geesh)

We still managed to get some fun in. 2 trips to Lagoon, one with the kids, where we hit The Bat, snuck Soren onto Turn of the Century (kind of on accident), Tidal Wave...then the big kids went on Wicked while Soren and I did some kiddie rides (grow Soren grow!! and also, what were we thinking having an odd # of kids? Lagoon problems...) 

We then hit In N Out, really our only fast food indulgence. 








Darin and I got another trip into the park sans kiddos to ride Cannibal...this was actually my idea.  I always want to do something memorable and exciting on my birthday so Darin was good about letting me do it on his birthday.  First a stop at Twiggs (I am digging that place) then Lagoon where we got on Cannibal twice in a row with only a 5 min wait!! Then Blast Off and Re-Entry because they are right there...and no lines...and in my opinion the scariest rides in the park.  Darin humored me by going on Flying Aces because that is a personal favorite of mine. 
  

He is such a good sport.  

So far I am delighted in our pass choice, I am having a blast reliving my childhood and being introduced to new exciting rides.  The kids are loving it too, feeling so brave conquering fears, and downright phobias in Miriam's case.  It turns out she loves everything she has tried.   I think that has been a valuable lesson in understanding anxiety; sometimes it is justified, but other times it really is all in your head and might be holding you back from really great experiences.  I love that they are all experiencing it together...like I did with my siblings. 

Good Times...Good Times
and now Darin and I are the same age!!