Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Hawaii 2016 - Monday

Waimea Bay Beach Park

Mark and Esme were off on their honeymoon by this point, but the rest of us met up at Waimea Bay for hours of fun.  Boogie Boarding, playing in the sand, and swimming past the waves out to the ocean.  So beautiful and so fun.






Madison and I ignored the warnings and jumped from the rock.


Tons of people were doing it...it wasn't as treacherous as the sign makes it seem. Others were jumping from higher parts than we did.  It was fun, I wish I would have jumped a few times. I wish I could have done lots of things at least one more time...I wonder just how much time I would need to feel like it was "enough". 




We were getting fried after a couple of hours, and the granola bars just weren't cutting it so we decided to break for food.

I had read that we had to try Giovanni's shrimp truck.  So back to Haleiwa to the food truck spot.  


Awesome graffiti on the truck. I only know cool Byron's. 

Shrimp was great...but we had picked up some amazing fish and chips from a truck that was waaaay less crowded and I think at the end of the day us shrimp eaters wished we had ordered the fish.
Wish I knew the name of the truck, I would send some love their way...


Still....fresh shrimp...can't complain.

We had to end our last day on the North Shore with one more Matsumoto's.





Then back to our condo, unfortunately to do laundry, cleaning and packing.
Had to be done, and I was glad we had done it when we got our deposit back with a note that we had taken "precious care" of our rental.

That night my brother offered to BBQ at my parents beach house. So we had one last dinner together,  and one last trip to "Hermit Crab City".